Reservations are accepted up to twelve months in advance of your arrival date and are required at least ten business days prior to your arrival.
Sapporo Tenjin-yama Art Studio will be closed during the end of year for New Year Holidays, from December 29th – January 3rd. All residents are expected to vacate their rooms during this closure.
For details, please call Sapporo Tenjin-yama Art Studio.
Second and Third floors⑤Studio Apartments:(A,B,C)
This small studio is suitable for research and writing with your own laptop. Only one resident per room.
Total 6 studios
This studio is a duplex and two different working spaces are available: one is situated in the kitchen with pastic flooring, the second space is carpeted and situated on the first floor. As this studio is larger, it can accommodate up to 3 people.
Total 6 studios
This studio is a duplex and two different working spaces are available: one is situated in the kitchen with pastic flooring, the second space is carpeted and situated on the first floor. Studio C allows up to a group of four to work together.
Total 1 studio
Guide to Studio Apartments
*Residents are expected to bring their own bedding and provide food for themselves throughout their stay. Food and cleaning services are not provided. (Convenience stores and supermarkets are nearby.)
*Only basic equipment and facilities to support artistic production is available. Residents are expected to bring any equipment and materials they require to produce their work.
*If you require specialist materials, it is possible to arrange with staff before your arrive. Please contact staff for further details.
Resident EligibilityAn individual who meets all the eligibility requirements below can apply for the opportunity to stay:
Hours & Rates
|Day||Rates per Day (including taxes)|
|first to 7th day||8th to 14th day||From 15th day|
(From 11am to 10am the next day. If you stay more than one day, one-day means from 11am to 11am the next day.Check out time is 10am.)
(㎡ ＝square metre)
The additional fees per day are:
320 yen for Studio Apartment B
440 yen for Studio Apartment C
Before Submitting your ApplicationPlease read all the information below before you complete your application:
How to Apply
- An application needs to be submitted at least ten business days prior to your arrival and up to twelve months in advance of your arrival.
- Bookings for Multipurpose Studio(s) will be accepted up to a maximum of twelve months in advance to applicants who wish to use the room(s) while residing in one of the Studio Apartment.
- Sapporo Tenjin-yama Art Studio will be closed during the end of the year for New Years holiday from December 29th to January 3rd. All residents are expected to vacate their rooms during this closure.
1）Before submitting an application, please check the availability of the studios. The posted information about the studio vacancy may not be up-to-date. Please confirm the latest information by e-mail or phone call. Thank you for your understanding.
2）Download the application form from this website or pick up a hard copy at the Sapporo Tenjin-yama Art Studio front desk.
– 2-3 photos of your work
– A copy of your passport ID
All the documents are used for examination as well as for the archives of the artist in residency in Sapporo Tenjinyama Art Studio.
4) Submit them in one of the following ways:
Bring it to the Sapporo Tenjin-yama Art Studio front desk from 8.45am to 9pm.
− Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
− Fax it to 011-820-2142(Japan) & +81-11-820-2142 (Outside of Japan)
− If the application is incomplete, applicants will be asked to complete missing areas.
5) Applicants will be notified of their admission decision by email within two to three business days.
- Cancellations must be made at least five days in advance of the scheduled booking. If a cancellation is made less than five days before the scheduled booking, 100% of the cost will be charged.